Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mumbai Meri Jaan

Not more than a day in mumbai and I had already fallen in love with this place. Its a treat to stay in bombay. I'm sure no one will reject this statment. There are lots of interest'n things about this commercial capital. Its people, roads, food, temples, mosques, discos, malls, local trains, cars, bollywood, business everything is so magical. The night mesmerises.

Its usually said about bombay that a person who can survive here, can survive anywhere under the sun. I agree completely and the biggest reason for me to say this is LOCAL TRAINS. People are pushed in and out of the train without he own effort. You can best experience this in Dadar station. I too am blessed with 2 such experience in a general compartment.

Within no time, I had explored quite a few places in and around mumbai. We were put up in Kharghar, New Mumbai or Navi Mumbai. Kharghar is not very developed as compared to other parts of mumbai, it has very few places to hang out like Little World, Mc D, Sai Pooja, Ambika Resturant, Utsav Chowk, Three Star etc. The apartment Yugandhara n Vasundara (which made lot of news for not being painted) was our second home as we spent most of the time in office. The View from my room facing the blore-pune highway from 16th floor of yugandhara was like WOW!!! esp the sunset and night traffic. I still remember me n ramya alwys spent time watching the traffic or counting the number of flights that were passing.


I alwys made sure that I never waste my weekends. So my very first holiday was in Elephanta Caves, Gateway(obvious, as its from where we start) and my fav "Nariman Point". Caves is about an hour of boat ride from Gateway of India. Its a vast land with close to 8 similar caves. Itz a nice place but lil tiring. A heart numbing experience in Nariman point sitting on the path facing the sea. Its is like Out of the World!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment